New Rates in California – Effective October 1, 2014

The California State Board of Equalization (BOE) has announced new local sales and use tax rates operative October 1, 2014:

  • Anderson in Shasta County increases its tax rate from 7.5% to 8%;
  • Cotati in Sonoma County extends its October 1, 2010 rate increase of 0.5%, which was set to expire on September 30, 2015, to September 30, 2024, and increases it by another 0.5%, for an overall increase from 8.75% to 9.25%;
  • Davis in Yolo County extends its July 1, 2004 rate increase of 0.5%, which was set to expire on September 30, 2016, to December 31, 2020, and increases it by another 0.5%, for an overall increase from 8% to 8.5%;
  • Hayward in Alameda County increases its tax rate from 9% to 9.5%;
  • San Pablo in Contra Costa County increases its tax rate from 9% to 9.25%;
  • Truckee in Nevada County increases its rate from 8.125% to 8.375%; and
  • Watsonville in Santa Cruz County increases its rate from 8.5% to 9%.

The increased tax rates apply within city limits, and tax rates outside the city limits will remain the same. In addition, Alameda County has extended its current 9% rate until June 30, 2034; Cathedral City in Riverside County has extended its 9% rate indefinitely; and Woodland in Yolo County has extended its 8.25% rate to September 30, 2022. Special Notice L-384, California State Board of Equalization, August 2014.

Add A Comment